ME IN A NUT SHELL
- 28 years old, working as a parliamentary assistant to a Member of the Parliament, Hanna Kosonen (Centre party)
- B.Soc.Sc., studying European Politics in an international Master’s program at the University of Helsinki
- Candidate in the parliamentary elections in Uusimaa in 2019 (Centre party).
- I ran for the first time in municipal elections in Espoo in 2017. I got 403 votes and got elected as substitute member in Espoo city council and member in the city planning committee.
- Husband Niklas and a baby boy born in November, 2018
- We live in Latokaski, Espoo
- My hobbies are orienteering, sports in general, traveling and reading
- I’m an active citizen: I have experience e.g. from the inhabitant association of Latokaski as well as from several sports, youth, and student organizations
- I have studied in four countries (Finland, Sweden, Germany, USA) and I know seven languages (Finnish, Swedish, English and German fluently, basics in French, and a good reading and listening comprehension in Norwegian and Danish)
- Previously, I have worked e.g. as communications consultant, assistant to a Centre party MP in the Finnish parliament, freelancer journalist, in sales and customer service, and as a coach in youth and children’s sports camps
- I come originally from Nokia. I went to a sports high school in Tampere.
MY ELECTIONS THEMES
- More well-being in the daily life: I want to solve the problems with mold infested schools, save the forests and nature all around Espoo and secure the maintenance and new construction of sports facilities around Espoo.
- More community in the daily life: I want the inhabitants of Espoo to have more say in the city planning, secure after school clubs for first and second graders, and help combat the loneliness of the elderly. I also want to promote entrepreneurship.
- A more smooth daily life: I want to create an extensive and safe bike lane network, have cheaper public transport and a well-functioning park+ride system next to the railway and metro stations.